New web site is much more than 98% air
EPS is heavy on benefits but light on the environment according to www.eps.co.uk
Expanded polystyrene (EPS) may be 98% air but the latest web site for the popular polymer is heavy on facts and figures which emphasises its heavyweight advantages across applications ranging from building insulation to bike helmets. The new site launched this week by the EPS Group of the British Plastics Federation is packed with facts pointing to the many reasons to specify EPS which it says should also stand for “economy, performance and sustainability.”
“EPS offers outstanding capabilities so we have included a number of downloads and links to help visitors get to what they want as quickly as possible.”
Chairman, EPS Group
Launching the site, EPS Group Chairman, David Emes said “Our member companies have so much to shout about when it comes to the advantages offered by EPS that we felt it was time to produce a new web site dedicated to getting across the facts about this outstanding material.”
The new site uses animated imagery and short, sharp messages such as ‘98% air’ and ‘100% recyclable’ to promote the advantages of expanded polystyrene and uses examples such as cycle helmets and child car seats to get across the exceptional moulding capabilities of EPS. It also incorporates many ‘user-friendly’ features such as an interactive map to help businesses find their nearest EPS recycler.
“EPS offers outstanding capabilities in many sectors from packaging and product protection to building and civil engineering so we have included a number of downloads and links to help visitors get to what they want as quickly as possible,” said Emes.
Downloads include recent support materials designed to help architects and construction specifiers and the site also has links to NBBA for those interested in blown bead insulation as well as to another new site www.fishboxes.info which provides comprehensive information including the latest research on EPS performance in one of its biggest markets – the safe, temperature controlled transit of fresh sea fish and sea foods from port to fish counter or restaurant kitchen.
“EPS provides performance, strength, design versatility, lightweight, low-carbon impacts and can be recycled into durable long-life products such as park benches. If we had to design a material for the twenty-first century we would end up inventing EPS,” concluded David Emes.
- Airpop insulated floors promise comfort and reduced home heating bills
- Thunderbirds are go!
- New video shows big advantages of airpop ‘Blown Bead’ Insulation
- An ace idea – with the potential to solve the world’s housing shortage
- Award-winning garden at Chelsea Flower Show features airpop
- External wall insulation using airpop
- Floating the idea of a perfect solution for houseboat hulls
- The twenty mile high ‘sky pod’ gives view of life on Earth
- Busy bees get 21st Century ‘prefab’ homes
- UK’s top manufacturers and producers of EPS adopt new airpop® brand
- Polystyrene station platforms slash construction time
- UK’s Top Manufacturers and Producers of EPS Sign Code of Practice
- Tried and tested global solution that’s just 98% air
- A day in the life of a fish box – The Movie
- Polystyrene fish box production expands to meet increased demand
- New web site is much more than 98% air
- Studies show that polystyrene is protecting Britain’s fishing industry
- Enhanced construction details for EPS insulation launched
More news items